- Family Law
- Financial Markets
Kathy L. Seidel, Esq. brings 29 years of legal and fiduciary experience to the mediation arena. Her early career as an estate planning attorney gave her broad experience in drafting simple plans for small estates as well as complicated documents for high net worth clients. Later, she moved to the financial services industry, gaining insight into the day-to-day practicalities of administering all types of trust agreements (such as family and marital trusts, generation skipping trusts, charitable lead and remainder trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts and grantor retained annuity trusts) as well as decedent’s estates. Having served for many years as a corporate fiduciary, she understands investment and asset management fiduciary requirements as well as common law fiduciary duties. She has experience working with traditional and blended families and the elderly and understands the dynamics of family relationships. One of the most rewarding aspects of her work in the financial services industry was working with families to resolve planning and interfamily issues.
Ms. Seidel’s approach to mediation is to meticulously prepare for each case by reviewing all relevant documents to ensure an understanding of the issues and to bring efficiency to the process. She brings a practical and common-sense approach to problem solving. Although each case is unique, she believes that her ability to remain calm in highly emotional or contested situations, as well as the ability to listen and communicate clearly, helps parties resolve their issues.
- Member, Colorado and Denver Bar Associations (Trust and Estate Section)
- Former Chair of the Trust and Estate Section of the Colorado Bar Association
- Former Trustee of the Colorado Bar Foundation
- Member of the Alumni Council of the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- Board Member, University of Colorado Foundation
- Member, Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- Former Member, Denver Estate Planning Council
- Former Board Member, Alzheimer’s Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Former Board Member and Treasurer, Opera Colorado
- President, The Northern Trust Bank Colorado
- Manager, Trust and Investment Department, The Northern Trust Bank Colorado
- Trust Administrator, Norwest Bank, N.A. (now Wells Fargo, N.A.)
- Private Practice, Holme Roberts & Owen (now Bryan Cave)
- Admitted to Colorado Bar, 1989
- J.D., University of Denver, College of Law, 1989
- Paralegal and Landman, Atlantic Richfield Company
- B.A. University of Colorado
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS Denver makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS Denver, including investigation and research of JAMS Denver neutrals.