- Family Law
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Real Estate
Hon. James S. Miller presided over one of Colorado’s busiest trial courts for nearly twelve years. He is praised by attorneys, litigants, and jurors for his sense of fairness, for his preparation, for creating a comfortable atmosphere in the courtroom, and, most importantly, for running a courtroom where everyone could be heard.
Judge Miller brings those same skills and values, along with persistence and an ability to understand, synthesize, and communicate complex factual and legal concepts clearly, to his mediation and arbitration practice.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- As a county court judge, Judge Miller conducted numerous settlement conferences
- As a judge and in private practice, Judge Miller has successfully mediated personal injury, family law, probate, real estate, and commercial cases
- Judge Miller served as a trainer for the Colorado Judicial Branch and national continuing judicial and legal education programs where he has won praise for his presentation style and communication skills
- Judge Miller is a member of the faculty of the University of Phoenix and teaches undergraduate and graduate level courses in employment and business law and conflict management systems
- Member, American, Colorado, Douglas-Elbert County and Arapahoe County Bar Associations
- District Vice President-Elect, Colorado Bar Association, 2005-2006
- Douglas-Elbert County Bar Association’s Professionalism Award, 2004
- Past President, Colorado County Judges Association
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Judge, Douglas County, Colorado, 1992-2004 (served on several Supreme Court Committees and completed the Colorado Judicial Branch’s Training for Trainers basic and advanced courses, and three-year Leadership Training program)
- Private law practice, 1980-1992 (specializing in civil and criminal trials and appeals)
- J.D., University of Memphis
- M.S., University of Memphis
- B.A., Franklin and Marshall College
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS Denver makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS Denver, including investigation and research of JAMS Denver neutrals.