Hon. Frank N. Dubofsky (Ret.) has a reputation for resolving the disputes that he mediates in a fair and comprehensive manner. His high settlement rate results from being patient and tenacious. Judge Dubofsky brings insight, good judgement, wisdom and at times necessary humor to his many years as a successful mediator.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Judge Dubofsky’s expertise is in mediating and arbitrating personal injury cases pending in trial court or on appeal. Judge Dubofsky has had many years of experience as a private mediator and arbiter with at least seven of those years with the Denver office of JAMS.
- Frank Dubofsky has served as both an appellate court judge and as a trial court judge. He has unusual insight into how tort, commercial, and domestic relations cases are likely to be resolved in the Colorado courts.
- Dubofsky has more than 25 years’ experience in private practice, representing both plaintiffs and defendants primarily in personal injury cases.
- Former adjunct professor of law at the University of Denver’s Sturm Law School, teaching advanced tort litigation, conflict resolution, and law and literature
- Past Boulder County Bar Association president and member of the Colorado Bar Association board of governors
- Public defender in Washington D.C.; legal services attorney in Colorado and in Florida; past chair of Governor’s Task Force on Legal Services
- Author of articles on mediation, criminal sentencing, and tort law
- Presenter of continuing legal education programs on trial practice, mediation, and law and literature
- Judge, Boulder County District Court, 1998-2004
- Judge, Colorado Court of Appeals, 1989-1992
- Private practice, Denver and Boulder, 1969-1989 (Bragg and Dubofsky, P.C., 1974-1989); (Frank N. Dubofsky, P.C., 1992-1998)
- AV Martindale-Hubbell rating
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1968
- B.A., Stanford University, 1964
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS Denver makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS Denver, including investigation and research of JAMS Denver neutrals.